Wednesday, September 30, 2009

PLE #4

I watched

Lizzy-Mr. Wig, Our Guinea Pig
Angela-Who Am I? ABCs
Kaylee-The One Thing I Won't Eat
Kate-The Scarlet Pimpernel
Robin-The Marvelous Homework and Housework Machine
Alli-Let Me Out of the Classroom

I thought all of these movies were really good. It was cool to see how they used different effects in their movies. Mine was pretty basic, and I didn't really explore too many of the effects options.

I think that this would be a pretty tricky thing to do with elementary students. It was pretty time consuming for me to do, so I would imagine it would be pretty hard to do with the students as well. I can't really think of a time when teachers would have enough time to be able to do a project like this. It seems like teachers have a hard enough time fitting in all of the curriculum. But I guess really ambitious teachers could do this. And they could have students participate by making illustrations for the movie, like in the example movie we watched for our voicethread. So I guess it's doable, just pretty hard and time consuming.

1 comment:

  1. Time is always an issue in the classroom - you are right. If you believe that projects are a good way for children to learn you will do them even though it takes more time . . . think of putting on a play in your classroom or creating a book all of these things take time but teachers do them because they value it.

    Also - the first time is the one that usually takes the most effort because you are learning the tool for the first time.

    With a really young classroom, you probably would work together on the project with the students like in the voicethread posting this week.

    ReplyDelete